1.61.133 – Sep 14, 2018
- New feature: Color revision of the web interface for a new, modern and fresh look.
- New feature: Blocked event notifications under a device image on the topology maps.
- Bug fix: The order of the graph series sometimes changed under certain circumstances, which led to the loss of historical data. The sequence is now determined by a special algorithm that ensures a more stable behavior.
- Bug fix: Closing the Quantellium process in the task manager often took 30 seconds. Now a few seconds on average.
1.60.131 – June 19, 2018
- New feature: Support for displaying and monitoring processes running on a host.
- Bug fix: One minor one.
1.59.130 – April 5, 2018
- Hotfix: A quick fix for the problem that a map could crash when a new device was manually added to that map without properly selecting a class.
1.59.129 – March 8, 2018
- New feature: Offline mode.
- New feature: Menu-less operation
- New feature: Only 48×48 class images required
- Improvement: Various minor improvements and bug fixes
1.55.122 – Jan 28, 2018
- New feature: Second-opinion protocol for status checking.
- New feature: “Connected to” right-click menu item for devices on the map
- New feature: Threshold definitions on SNMP table rows
- New feature: Customizable view options for graphs
- New feature: Trap and Syslog messages in separate log files to prevent overflowing logfiles
- Improvement: Trap and Syslog system overrun detection/prevention
1.55.122 – August 24, 2017
Milestone: LLDP support
- New feature: Draw connections between devices automatically, based on lldp information.
- New feature: IP scan has improved considerably by the introduction of Scan profiles.
- Improvement: Improved and more efficient SNMP data retrieval.
- Improvement: Quantellium search now also provides results based on collected lldp data.
- Improvement: Syslog events can be blocked based on message text.
- Bug fix: Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
1.53.98 – April 14, 2017
- New feature – New status indication: device has been down but is Up and Running again!
- New feature – Statistics page with direct access to: devices ordered by ranked, Memory Utilization, CPU utilization and number of events.
- Improvement – More efficient and reliable IP scan utility.
- Improvement – More efficient Status checking. FC_BGCheck now uses SNMP by default (if possible)!
- Improvement – Reduced monitoring network traffic.
- New feature – FW rulles are now set/added automatically on installation.
- New feature – Devices on a page are automatically reordered after a page resize (unless pinned on a fixed location on the map).
- Improvement – New graph series colors and nicer legend font.
- Improvement – The number of displayed series in a Quantellium graph can now be adjusted (and saved).
- Improvement – n previous releases, custom protocol handlers were used to to launch applications directly from the Quantellium web interface. This version introduces a new and more reliable solution.
1.49.93 – September 1, 2016
- New feature – Forward raw Syslog or Trap messages to another SIEM or NMS.
- New feature – Quantellium Project management. Manage (and configure) all your projects through the web interface.
- New feature – sysName.0 added to device detail pages.
- New feature – Status checking through custom protocols (RDP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet – default is still ICMP).
- Improvement – Better service control in installation script.
- Improvement – More convenient way to add child maps.
- Improvement – More readable default IO graphs.
- Bug fix – Memory leak in RRDTool processing.
- Known problem – IP scan / auto-discovery poor performance and device detection.
1.42.90 – April 24, 2016
- New feature: Alert groups. This release allows you to organize your users into meaningful sets to be associated with devices. In case of an important event, users of the group associated with the device, receive a notification of the event.
- New feature: Search box on the front page.
- New feature: Maintenance mode for devices. If a device is put into maintenance mode, all events for the device will be ignored/blocked! Monitoring is effectively stopped!
- New feature: Event filters allow you to ignore events based on a rule set. Rules can be easily added or deleted after they have occurred. Rules can be applied globally or per device.
- Improvement: Device to Class associations are now saved to a text file. Was hard-coded!
- Improvement: Device availability checking has been moved from the main program to a separate background application (FC_BGPing.exe) for improved stability en more efficient hardware usage.
- Improvement: SNMP data collection has been moved from the main program to a separate background application (FC_BGSNMP.exe) for improved stability en more efficient hardware usage.
- Improvement: Improved system overload detection and prevention.
- Improvement: Event notification icons are displayed, size-by-side, under a device’s icon.
- Improvement: More efficient logging of history data. Nicer graphs without “lost data” gaps.
1.38.84 – Jan 24, 2016
- New feature: Pending events are now displayed on a Device’s detail page.
- Improvement: Better project loading logic.
- Bugfix: Occasionally an error could occurr while deleting a device from a map.
- Bugfix: Screening on duplicate device names was missing.
- Bugfix: Occasionally an error could occurr while opening an existing project for the first time with a new Quantellium version.
1.35.81 – Jan 8, 2016
- Improvement: Event processing based on priority.
- Improvement: Drop low priority events under heavy load to prevent system overload.
- Improvement: Prevent system crashes due too insufficient disk space.
- Improvement: Prevent long “Logged events” page loading times by splitting logged data into multiple files.
- New feature: Updated and new repository items.
- New feature: “The system has been rebooted” warning.
- New feature: “The DNS IP address has changed” warning.
- New feature: SNMP mib-2 system data is shown on a device’s detail page.
- Bugfix: Search on the “logged events” page didn’t work correctly.
1.31.76 – Nov 15, 2015
- Improvement: Redesigned Classes page.
- Improvement: Redesigned page for adding, modifying or deleting sDCs to/from Classes.
- New feature: A new “Alert decision making” algorithm based on Device Rank. You can now choose to rely on alert decision making based on a Static ruleset or based on a Dynamically determined ruleset by Device Rank.
- Improvement: Redesigned device right-click context menu (see screenshot next topic).
- New feature: New ” Pinned sDC” option for a device’s right-click context menu.The right-click context menus now have a new format. User actions are grouped by functionality. You can also launch sDCs through the right-click context menu.
- Improvement: A newly created (empty) project has now a base set of Classes and Data collectors installed by default.
- Improvement: The default Remote Desktop client or Terminal emulator can now be set at Class level. Note that you need to have the Quantellium Protocol Handlers installed on the client computer!
- Improvement: A new switch on the “Administration | Various system settings” page allows to show or hide shading to alternate rows in a table?
- Improvement: Faster alert email handling by less queuing.
- Improvement: Various performance enhancements.
- Bugfix: Various minor bug fixes.
1.23.65 – Aug 28, 2015
- Improvement: All applications have been updated with a workaround for the issue that sometimes devices respond to an SNMP request with a source IP address that is not the same as where the request was sent to.
1.22.65 – August 14, 2015
Milestone: Device rank
- Improvement: Web proxy support.
- New feature: Device rank
- New feature: System wide search.
- Improvement: New styling options (fonts).
- Bugfix: Various
1.21.64 – April 16, 2015
- New feature: TFTP server.
- Improvement: Protocol Handler support for the Quantellium Web interface
1.20.64 – April 5, 2015
- Improvement: Logged events search box moved to content box header.
- Bugfix: In some cases an invalid instance was used when firing an SNMPv2 GetBulk request.
- Bugfix: Adding a new sDC to a class sometimes replaced an existing one.
1.20.62 – March 30, 2015
- New feature: A new IP subnet scanning tool (aka auto-discovery) that replaces the device bulk-import feature.
- Improvement: Modified audible alerting.
- Improvement: 30% reduced memory consumption.
- Improvement: User Interface enhancements.
- Improvement: Modified RRD configuration settings for better performance.
- Bugfix: Some bug fixes for double posting (by using the PRG pattern for html posts).
1.19.58 – Feb 25, 2015
- Hotfix: The Date-picker did not work anymore.
1.19.57 – Feb 11, 2015
- Hotfix: The Label- and Cloud text input fields were not correctly escaped (html).
1.19.56 – Feb 7, 2015
Milestone: S, M and L license types available
- New feature: Latency and packet loss chart for device objects.
- New feature: Automatic scrollbars for Maps to improve support for smaller screen sizes.
- New feature: Save a map as an image (Chrome and Firefox only).
- New feature: Rightclick context menu approach for map actions. (much anticipated and frequently requested).
- New feature: “No SNMP” option for devices that only support ICMP ping.
- New feature: New license types (S, M and L-type).
- Improvement: More attractive map design with rounded object borders and improved 3D shadow effect.
- Improvement: The default “Unassigned” map now supports drawing.
- Bugfix: Various minor bug fixes.
1.13.51 – Oct 26, 2014
- New feature: Syslog server with severity filtering option.
- New feature: Device notes.
- New feature: Hints to help new users find their way through the Quantellium web pages.
- Bugfix: DNS lookup failures were not properly catched.
- Bugfix: Device IP addresses were not properly screened before accepted.
- Improvement: Improved eMail alerts processing. The use of the third-party SendEMail utility is no longer needed. Email alerts are now sent by using the system dot.net SMTPClient object.
1.10.48 – Sept 3, 2014
- New feature: Devices that have not been assigned to a map are, by default, assigned to the “Default” map.
- New feature: CUC (Connection Utilization Coding) now displays connection utilization not only by color and line-width, but also by a a more attractive and informative label.
- Improvement: Project changes are, from now on, saved per minute instead of per second to reduce the number of backup config files.
- Improvement: The error log viewer has been removed from the Quantellium web pages. Users were often confused by the reported erors while they were more often “informative” than real “errors”. Errors are now written to a log file and can be viewed through a text vier (e.g. notepad.exe).
1.8.46 – Aug 17, 2014
- New feature: A date picker for history graphs.
- New feature: “Relative” setting for Connection Utilization Coding.
- Bug-fix: The Maps list was not sorted.
- Bug-fix: Invoking RRDTool was based on “best effort”. RRDTool errors are now populated up to the Error log.
- Improvement: Observation spot renamed to “Dashboard”.
- Improvement: Better Events history filtering.
- Improvement: Before Quantellium saves new data to an RRD, it verifies that the format of the new data still meets the format of the existing RRD. If not, there are two options: 1) Override the existing RRD with a new one or 2) Create a new RRD and save it under a different name (index). The first option saves disk space but deletes (possibly important) history information, the second option may possibly consume (a lot) more disk space but keeps all collected data available.
- Improvement: Devices can be deleted from a map (just like other Objects) with shift-rightclick
- Improvement: Updated OpenSSL support.
- Improvement: Help page for all components.
- Improvement: Statistics notification also on the “Pending events page”.
1.6.37 – June 19, 2014
- Improvement: Quantellium web interface theme overhaul.
- New feature: Customizable threshold messages.
- New feature: Automatic detection of misconfigured or faulty network adapters leading to all kinds of errors at the link layer (FCS, alignment, CRC).
- Improvement: Better/more reliable device bulk import.
- Bug-fix: The detection of “non running SNMP agents” generated too many false positives.
- Bug-fix: A problem has been solved that generated the error “Error in ComposeRRDGraphCL. Error: FileName cannot be blank”.
- Improvement: A cookie inactivity timer of 10 minutes has been added for security reasons.
- New feature: A new tag has been introduced in sDC configuration files. This new tag makes it possible to monitor a SNMP variable, that normally updates once a minute, over a time span of more than one minute!
- Bug-fix: Search arguments entered in the “Event history” search-box were not properly encoded.
- Improvement: Better use of SNMP (v2/v3) GetBulkRequest to improve protocol efficiency and to lower bandwidth usage.
- Bug-fix: Threshold monitoring in History sDCs did not work properly.
- New feature: sDC version checking. Before an sDC can be downloaded from the FineConnection repository, a version check is performed to verify that the running Quantellium version meets the sDC’s minimum requirements.
1.6.32 – April 29, 2014
- Hot-fix: Error in sDC xml config parser.
1.6.31 – April 27, 2014
- Hot-fix: An existing connection on a map could not be deleted.
- Bug-fix: Error during stopping the Quantelium service.
1.6.29 – April 21, 2014
- New feature: Add a device’s address to its icon caption.
- New feature: Version checker added.
- A few minor bug fixes and web-page text modifications.
1.4.26 – April 6, 2014
Milestone: Connection Utilization Coding
- New feature: “Bulk actions” added on various pages.
- New feature: “Error control” added. Trying to find the root-cause of a “No response from” event.
- New feature: Support for Microsoft’s “Outlook.com” as an SMTP relay host (sending alerts by eMail).
- New feature: “Connection Utilization Coding” (CUC) added. Adjusting a connection’s line thickness and color according to its utilization.
- Improvement: Quantellium now makes use of local OID caching for faster translation of received SNMP-, Trap- or Notifications data.
- A few bug fixes.
1.0.21 – January 2014
- Various bug fixes, optimizations and code changes.
- Integration into FCMS.
1.0.0 – February 2013
Milestone: Initial version.